This sweet slice is a great treat for kids and adults alike. With white choc-chip shortbread and a layer of sticky raspberry jam.
The ingredient of White choc-chip and jam shortbread recipe
- 185g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
The instruction how to make White choc-chip and jam shortbread recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan on all sides.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl. Using a wooden spoon, stir until well combined. Add egg. Stir to combine. Sift over flours and spice. Stir until well combined. Reserve 1/3 of the shortbread mixture and shape into a log. Place in freezer.
- Meanwhile, press remaining shortbread mixture over base of prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Increase oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Spread jam over shortbread base. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Remove reserved shortbread mixture from freezer. Grate shortbread mixture over chocolate chip layer. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool completely in pan. Cut into pieces. Serve.
Nutritions of White choc-chip and jam shortbread recipecalories: 217.968 calories
calories: 10.5 grams fat
calories: 6.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 29.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2.3 grams protein
calories: 30 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 117 milligrams sodium