Heres a hearty chicken tortilla soup to warm up your insides and fill you up!
The ingredient of Speedy tortilla soup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Mexican chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Massel chicken style stock powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with roasted capsicum
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 x 125g cans corn kernels, drained
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 large flour tortillas, cut into 3cm pieces (see note)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Sour cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Speedy tortilla soup
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add chilli powder. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add stock powder, tomato and 5 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Add chicken, beans and half the corn. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in lime juice.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Cook tortillas, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Combine coriander and remaining corn in a bowl. Divide tortillas between bowls. Ladle over soup. Top with corn mixture. Serve with sour cream.
Nutritions of Speedy tortilla soupcalories: 556.153 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 13.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 35.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 19.3 grams protein
calories: 85 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1433 milligrams sodium