Bake breakfast for the whole family in this one easy pie.
The ingredient of Bacon and egg pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, chopped
- 350g rindless shortcut bacon rashers, fat removed, halved, sliced
- 1 3/4 sheets frozen reduced-fat shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 1/3 cups grated reduced-fat tasty cheddar
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure cream
The instruction how to make Bacon and egg pie
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place a baking tray in oven. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round (base) springform pan. Using base of pan as a guide, cut 1 circle from 1 pastry sheet. Line base of prepared pan with pastry round. Cut remaining pastry sheet into 3 equal strips. Line side of pan with pastry, trimming to fit and pressing edges together (you will have some leftover pastry).
- Spoon half the bacon mixture into pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Whisk 4 eggs and cream together in a jug. Add to pan. Sprinkle with remaining bacon mixture. Make 4 holes into mixture in pan. Crack 1 egg into each hole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Season with pepper. Fold 1cm of pastry over at top edge.
- Place on hot tray in oven. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until pie is firm to touch (cover pie loosely with foil if over-browning during cooking). Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Bacon and egg piecalories: 493.535 calories
calories: 30.3 grams fat
calories: 13.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 23.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30.8 grams protein
calories: 301 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1398 milligrams sodium