The ingredient of Watercress, smoked salmon and egg salad
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, diagonally sliced into 3
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 80g mixed baby salad leaves
- 1 bunch watercress, leaves washed and dried
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, sliced
- 200g smoked salmon
- 4 poached eggs (follow basic poached eggs recipe to end of step 4)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Pinch of sugar
The instruction how to make Watercress, smoked salmon and egg salad
- Cook asparagus in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 1 minute or until bright green and just tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of iced water. Stand until completely cool then drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel cucumbers into long thin ribbons. Place cucumber ribbons, asparagus, salad leaves and watercress in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- For dressing, place oil, lemon juice, dill, mustard and sugar in a small bowl. Whisk well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add avocado and smoked salmon to watercress mixture. Toss gently to combine. Place salad on a platter. Top with poached eggs and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Watercress, smoked salmon and egg saladcalories: 421.357 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 242 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 739.12 milligrams sodium