Turn the everyday into something special with these tempting and filling spinach, cheese and egg pies.
The ingredient of Spinach, cheese and egg pies
- 2 x 250g packets frozen spinach, thawed
- 100g low-fat feta, crumbled
- 250g fresh reduced-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking salt
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Spinach, cheese and egg pies
- Place spinach in a sieve. Using the back of a large spoon, squeeze out liquid. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add fetta, ricotta, onion and dill. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Combine flours, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add 1 cup cold water. Mix until combined and a soft dough forms. Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth. Divide dough into 4 portions.
- Roll out 1 dough portion to make an oval shape about 25cm long. Leaving a 3cm border around edge, spoon 1?4 spinach mixture down the centre. Fold up the sides of dough. Pinch edges together to seal, leaving a 10cm opening down the centre. Fold over ends to seal. Make an indent in the centre of filling. Crack 1 egg into indent. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place on prepared trays. Spray with oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with salad.
Nutritions of Spinach, cheese and egg piescalories: 582.921 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 80 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 31 grams protein
calories: 252 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 833.79 milligrams sodium