Dig inside these crispy little baskets to find creamy mouthfuls of boiled egg, bacon and sweet corn kernels.
The ingredient of Bacon, corn and egg tortilla baskets with asparagus
- Olive oil, to grease
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 20g butter
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 150g bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 1 x 125g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- Baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Bacon, corn and egg tortilla baskets with asparagus
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Brush four 250ml (1-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes with oil to grease. Heat the tortillas following packet directions. Line the dishes with the tortillas, folding to fit. Place the dishes on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggs in a large saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes. Add the asparagus. Cook for a further 1 minute. Drain. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Coarsely chop the asparagus. Peel and quarter the eggs.
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bacon and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually add half the milk, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in the remaining milk. Place over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in the egg, corn and half the parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the lettuce and tortilla baskets among serving plates. Divide the egg mixture among the baskets. Top with the asparagus. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley to serve.
Nutritions of Bacon, corn and egg tortilla baskets with asparaguscalories: 377.859 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 21 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 259 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 711.07 milligrams sodium