Stack this sophisticated beef salad high, then top with an oozy egg for the ultimate wow-factor.
The ingredient of Beef & asparagus salad with soft-boiled egg
- 4 eggs
- 4 (150g each) beef scotch fillet steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 80g (2 cups) baby rocket leaves
- 60g shaved parmesan
- 60g (1/4 cup) bought pesto dip
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
The instruction how to make Beef & asparagus salad with soft-boiled egg
- Pace the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 4 minutes. Refresh under cold water. peel the eggs.
- Meanwhile, season the steaks with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Bring a frying pan of water to the boil. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold water and drain.
- Thinly slice the beef. Arrange the beef and asparagus among serving plates. Top with the rocket. Top each with an egg and gently break in half. Sprinkle with parmesan. Whisk the pesto and extra virgin olive oil in a jug. Drizzle over the salad and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritions of Beef & asparagus salad with soft-boiled eggcalories: 669.2 calories
calories: 50 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 4.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 51 grams protein