Get excited for the cooler weather with this vibrant beetroot and fennel soup.
The ingredient of Beetroot soup
- 4 beetroots, ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 baby fennel, fronds reserved, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) Massel beef style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- Sour cream, to serve
- Orange zest, to serve
The instruction how to make Beetroot soup
- Preheat oven to 180C. Wrap each beetroot in foil. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Set aside for 10 mins to cool. Wearing rubber gloves, peel and coarsely chop.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add fennel, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until fennel softens. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Add beetroot and stock. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Carefully use a stick blender to blend the mixture until smooth. Add the orange juice and stir to combine. Taste and season.
- Ladle soup evenly among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds and orange zest. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Beetroot soupcalories: 116.393 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 12 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 992 milligrams sodium