Try Curtis Stones mushroom gratin with eggs & parmesan as a delicious side to feed your family.
The ingredient of Mushroom gratin with eggs and parmesan
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g flat or portabella mushrooms, gills removed, thickly sliced
- 600g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 20g unsalted butter
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan or pecorino (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
The instruction how to make Mushroom gratin with eggs and parmesan
- Position the rack in the centre of the oven and preheat oven to 260C or 240C fan-forced.
- Heat a large deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, then add the mushrooms and cook for 4 mins, or until the mushrooms begin to soften. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 mins, or until the mushrooms are golden brown and tender.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 mins, or softened. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 2 mins, or until fragrant. Stir in the vinegar and cook for 30 secs, or until vinegar evaporates. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in cream and butter and cook until the cream simmers. Remove pan from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a 20cm x 20cm baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cheese, chives, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously for 30 secs, or until slightly foamy. Pour and gently spread the egg mixture over the top of the mushrooms.
- Bake for 10 mins, or until the egg mixture is just cooked through and slightly browned on top. Serve hot.
Nutritions of Mushroom gratin with eggs and parmesancalories: 229.918 calories
calories: 18.1 grams fat
calories: 7.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 9.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.8 grams sugar
calories: 11.8 grams protein
calories: 84 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 171 milligrams sodium