These beautiful salmon fillets are baked in a bed of garlic, basil and olive oil and served with a tangy and fresh fennel salad.
The ingredient of Poached salmon with garlic
- 8 x 120g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1 1/2 cups grapeseed oil
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and bruised with knife
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 small bulb fennel, trimmed, finely shredded
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 lime, rind finely grated and juiced
The instruction how to make Poached salmon with garlic
- Preheat oven to 90C or 70C fan. Pull out all the fine bones from the salmon fillets with clean fish tweezers or household tweezers.
- Pour oil into a large baking dish. Lay salmon in oil in a single layer. Top with garlic and basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and bake for 30-35 mins until the salmon is firm. Remove from oven and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, toss together fennel and coriander. Combine lime rind, juice and sugar. Add to fennel and toss to combine. Chill.
- When ready to serve, remove salmon from oil bath and arrange on serving platter. Add 1 tablespoon of oil from fish to fennel mixture and toss to combine. Pile fennel salad over top of salmon fillets. Serve at room temperature.
Nutritions of Poached salmon with garliccalories: