Fish + chips + pie. This winter warmer, ready in less than an hour, is the family-friendly mash-up youve been waiting for.
The ingredient of Fish and chips pie recipe
- 500g frozen straight-cut potato chips
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 500g white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus extra, to sprinkle (optional)
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Fish and chips pie recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Place the chips on a baking tray. Bake, turning halfway, for 15 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly, until smooth. Stir in the cream. Return the pan to the heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the fish to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Stir in the dill and season with salt and white pepper. Transfer to a 1.5L (6 cup) baking dish.
- Arrange the chips over the fish mixture in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with extra dill and serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Fish and chips pie recipecalories: