Serve this luscious quiche with a side salad for gourmet lunchtime entertaining.
The ingredient of Roasted autumn vegetable quiche with parmesan pastry
- 750g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch baby beetroot, peeled, sliced
- 1 small leek, halved, sliced
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 175g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water, iced
The instruction how to make Roasted autumn vegetable quiche with parmesan pastry
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Make Parmesan pastry: Place flour, butter and parmesan in a food processor. Process until mixture forms crumbs. Add egg yolk and iced water. Process until mixture just comes together. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, place pumpkin on a large baking paper-lined baking tray. Drizzle with 1/2 the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Add beetroot and leek to tray. Drizzle with remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until vegetables are golden and tender.
- Grease a 5cm-deep, 25cm (base) round loose-based fluted flan tin. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until large enough to line base and side of tin. Push pastry into tin. Trim edge. Line pastry with baking paper. Fill with baking weights or uncooked rice. Place on a baking tray.
- Blind-bake for 15 minutes. Carefully remove weights or rice and baking paper. Bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Spoon vegetables into pastry case. Whisk eggs and cream together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle top with fetta.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until filling is just set and top is golden. Stand for 15 minutes. Remove quiche from tin (see note). Serve sprinkled with basil leaves.
Nutritions of Roasted autumn vegetable quiche with parmesan pastrycalories: 729.189 calories
calories: 52.2 grams fat
calories: 27.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 43.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 22.6 grams protein
calories: 417 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 702 milligrams sodium