With a trusty jar of tomato paste sauce, you can create this sensational baked fish dish.
The ingredient of Baked fish with tomato caper sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 575g jar napoletana pasta sauce
- 4 (200g each) frozen white fish fillets, thawed (see note)
- Fresh small basil leaves, to serve
- Steamed broccoli, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Baked fish with tomato caper sauce
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and capsicum. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add capers and sauce. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Spoon into a 6cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) baking dish. Top with fish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Divide fish between plates. Top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with broccoli and crusty bread.
Nutritions of Baked fish with tomato caper saucecalories: 273.655 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 13 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 34 grams protein
calories: 108 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 711.24 milligrams sodium