Butter bean soup with cheese toast is easy, vegetarian and kid friendly. Perfect!
The ingredient of Butterbean soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks celery (including leaves), chopped
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 3 tsp rosemary leaves, chopped
- 4 slices rye bread
- 60g Swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- 100g green beans, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
The instruction how to make Butterbean soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add celery (including leaves), butterbeans, stock and rosemary. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill on medium-high heat. Place bread on a baking tray and sprinkle with cheese. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Cut into fingers.
- Add green beans to soup and simmer for 2 minutes or until beans are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with parsley. Serve with cheese toast.
Nutritions of Butterbean soupcalories: 325.04 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 13 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1065.13 milligrams sodium