Using leftover roast vegetables, this soufflé omelette is the perfect end-of-week meal.
The ingredient of Sunday supper souffle omelette
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion or leek, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms or zucchini
- 1 cup coarsely chopped kale, spinach or rocket
- 6 eggs, separated
- 80g coarsely grated cheddar or mozzarella
- 25g butter
- 1 cup leftover roasted vegetables (such as sweet potato, pumpkin or potato)
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Sunday supper souffle omelette
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushroom and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the kale and cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes until kale is slightly wilted. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Wipe pan clean.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Lightly fold in the yolks and one-third of the cheddar.
- Heat the butter in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the egg mixture. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom is beginning to set. Sprinkle over mushroom mixture, roast vegetables and half the remaining cheddar. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are warm and the omelette is puffed and golden. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar over half the omelette. Carefully fold in half. Sprinkle with parmesan to serve.
Nutritions of Sunday supper souffle omelettecalories: