This budget-friendly, vegetarian soup is the perfect option for mid-week meals in spring. Whip this together in 30 minutes of less.
The ingredient of Pea & coriander soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g (3 1/3 cups) frozen peas
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 85g (1/3 cup) natural yoghurt, to serve
- Extra fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
The instruction how to make Pea & coriander soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onion has softened slightly.
- Add the frozen peas and stock and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes or until the peas are soft.
- Stand for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer 1/3 of the soup to a blender or the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Repeat with remaining mixture. Return pureed soup to the saucepan, add coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve in individual bowls with a dollop of yoghurt and garnished with extra coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Pea & coriander soupcalories: 183.552 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 16 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 3 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 972.13 milligrams sodium