A Meat-free Monday delight: this eggcellent quiche is everything its cracked up to be!
The ingredient of Roast vegetable quiche
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cubed
- 1 small red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Roast vegetable quiche
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Place baking tray on top shelf of oven. Line another baking tray with baking paper.
- Use pastry to line base and sides of a 2.5cm-deep, 11.5cm x 34cm (base), loose-based fluted tart pan. Prick base with a fork. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place pumpkin, capsicum and onion on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on lower shelf of oven. Place tart pan on hot baking tray in oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and vegetables are just tender. Remove tart pan and vegetables from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced.
- Place eggs, cream and cheese in a large jug. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange vegetables in pastry case. Pour over egg mix. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and just set. Top with coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Roast vegetable quichecalories: 583.399 calories
calories: 35 grams fat
calories: 16 grams saturated fat
calories: 48 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams sugar
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 263 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 528.57 milligrams sodium