This hearty salad is full of the goodness of vegetables, chickpeas, couscous and steak.
The ingredient of Beef, bean and couscous salad
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 500g beef rump steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 green capsicum, cut into 2cm cubes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- harissa, chutney or lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Beef, bean and couscous salad
- Sprinkle seasoning over both sides of steak, pressing on with your fingertips. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steak for 3 to 4 minutes each side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Cover. Stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice on the diagonal.
- Add onion and capsicum to frying pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just tender. Add chickpeas. Cook, stirring, until well combined and heated through.
- Meanwhile, place couscous into a heatproof bowl. Add boiling stock. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes. Add butter. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Stir in chickpea mixture, 1/4 cup lemon juice, mint leaves and sliced beef. Serve topped with harissa, chutney or lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Beef, bean and couscous saladcalories: 583.399 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 63 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 38 grams protein
calories: 658.21 milligrams sodium