Brighten up the evening with this vegetarian stuffed pumpkin starter thats a beautiful mixture of colours and textures.
The ingredient of Baby pumpkins stuffed with coconut vegetables
- 3 (about 320g each) golden nugget pumpkins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, sliced
- 2 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 200g broccoli, cut in small florets
- 120g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 270g can light coconut cream
- Plain natural yoghurt, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
The instruction how to make Baby pumpkins stuffed with coconut vegetables
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Cut pumpkins in half horizontally. Scoop out seeds and discard. Place pumpkins, cut-side up, on a large baking tray. Drizzle with half the oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add broccoli, beans and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until well coated. Pour over the coconut cream. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into pumpkin halves. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and hot.
- Place pumpkins on plates. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Baby pumpkins stuffed with coconut vegetablescalories: 241.629 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 296.6 milligrams sodium