The hero of this beautiful scallop pasta dish is the amazing saffron-infused butter sauce.
The ingredient of Seared scallops & vegetable fettuccine with saffron beurre blanc
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 green zucchini, ends trimmed
- 375g fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 (about 320g) scallops, without roe
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine vinegar
- 2 purple eschalots, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 180g chilled unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt & freshly ground white pepper
The instruction how to make Seared scallops & vegetable fettuccine with saffron beurre blanc
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice the carrots and zucchini lengthways into thin ribbons. Use a small sharp knife to cut the ribbons lengthways into thin strips. Place the carrot and zucchini ribbons in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the saffron beurre blanc, place the vinegar, eschalot, peppercorns and saffron in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Strain through a fine sieve into a small frying pan. Discard eschalot, peppercorns and saffron. Place the frying pan over low heat. Add the butter, 1 cube at a time, whisking constantly and adding another cube only when the previous cube has been completely incorporated. Continue until all the butter has been incorporated. Remove from heat. Stir in the lime juice and chives. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain. Place pasta in large bowl. Add the carrot, zucchini and half the saffron beurre blanc. Toss gently to combine.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the scallops and cook for 1 minute each side or until brown and opaque. Remove from heat.
- Place pasta in serving bowls and top with the scallops. Drizzle with remaining beurre blanc and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Seared scallops & vegetable fettuccine with saffron beurre blanccalories: 761.454 calories
calories: 41 grams fat
calories: 25 grams saturated fat
calories: 69 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 199.91 milligrams sodium