The ingredient of Spring vegetable & pasta soup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, halved lengthways, rinsed, dried, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh continental parsley leaves and stems
- 85g (3/4 cup) small shell pasta
- 200g green beans, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh continental parsley leaves, extra
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Spring vegetable & pasta soup
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until the leeks are golden.
- Add the stock, water, carrots and parsley, and stir to combine. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then cover and boil for 5 minutes. Stir in the pasta and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and asparagus to the pan, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until they are just tender. Stir in the extra parsley. Taste and season with salt (if needed) and plenty of pepper. Ladle into serving bowls and serve drizzled with remaining oil.
Nutritions of Spring vegetable & pasta soupcalories: 194.785 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 23 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 1222.63 milligrams sodium