Full of hearty vegetables, this speedy winter soup will warm you up from the inside out.
The ingredient of Fast winter soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- Low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Fast winter soup
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, chilli, celery and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cumin and coriander and cook, stirring, for a further minute.
- Add the red lentils and chicken or vegetable stock, bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls with a dollop of yoghurt.
Nutritions of Fast winter soupcalories: 422.313 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 41 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 2082.48 milligrams sodium