Curtis Stones delicious Beef Rib Eye Roast with Pepper-herb Crust is a great way to feed your family.
The ingredient of Beef rib eye roast with pepper-herb crust
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1.8-2 kg Coles beef rib eye roast
- 40g unsalted butter
- 2 medium brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 5 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 700g chat or small roasting potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
The instruction how to make Beef rib eye roast with pepper-herb crust
- Position the rack in the centre of the oven and preheat to 200u00b0C or 180u00b0C fan.
- In a small bowl, mix the pepper, salt, rosemary and thyme. Brush the mustard all over the beef, then coat beef completely with the herb mixture. Place beef on a roasting rack set in a roasting pan. Roast for 1 hr 15 mins, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the beef registers 55-60u00b0C for medium-rare, or 60-65u00b0C for medium. The beef will continue to cook and the internal temperature will continue to rise as it rests, so donu2019t overcook it. Transfer beef to a carving board and rest for 15 mins before carving.
- Meanwhile, to make the caramelised onion jus, heat a heavy-based medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and cook for 4 mins, or until the butter melts and turns a golden brown color. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, for 15 mins, or until the onions are translucent and begin to brown. Add the thyme and continue cooking, stirring often, for 15 mins, or until the onions have become a deep brown color. Stir in the flour. Add the vinegar and cook for 30 secs. Stir in the stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 mins, or until reduced slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, cover to keep warm, and set aside until the beef is ready.
- To make the smashed potatoes, place potatoes in a large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover them by 2.5cm. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 9-10 mins, or until potatoes are just tender. Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool slightly. Using your hand, gently press each warm potato on a cutting board until it just barely u201ccracksu201d and is slightly flattened on each side. Donu2019t use too much force, or the potatoes will fall apart.
- Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil, then add potatoes and cook for 5 mins, or until golden brown on the bottom. Turn the potatoes over and add butter. Tilt the pan to move the melted butter around. Cook for 5 mins, or until potatoes are golden brown on the bottom. Season with salt and pepper, and add the parsley.
- Carve beef into thick slices and serve with the smashed potatoes and caramelised onion jus.
Nutritions of Beef rib eye roast with pepper-herb crustcalories: 807.82 calories
calories: 44.3 grams fat
calories: 17.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 23.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2.9 grams sugar
calories: 75.4 grams protein
calories: 264 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 4483 milligrams sodium