The ingredient of Roast mini lamb rump with beetroot and lentils
- 4 small (about 500g) beetroots, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red onion, peeled, cut into wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup chopped thyme
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 (about 750g) rolled mini lamb rumps
- 2/3 cup (140g) brown lentils
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel beef stock
- 1/2 bunch of kale (see note), rocket or English spinach leaves, trimmed
The instruction how to make Roast mini lamb rump with beetroot and lentils
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Combine beetroot, onion, garlic and half the thyme with 1/4 cup (60ml) oil and mix well. Arrange on an oven tray and roast for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Add lamb and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with remaining thyme. Place on an oven tray and roast in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, cook lentils in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 7 minutes or until just tender. Drain well. Return lentils to same pan with stock and simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add kale and simmer, covered, for 2 minutes or until kale wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thickly slice lamb. Place on serving plates. Serve with lentil mixture and roasted vegetables.
Nutritions of Roast mini lamb rump with beetroot and lentilscalories: 627.853 calories
calories: 39 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams sugar
calories: 46 grams protein
calories: 122 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 731.98 milligrams sodium