Brining is a beautiful way of adding extra flavour to turkey before roasting. You will need to start this recipe the day before.
The ingredient of Roast brined turkey breast with grape mostarda
- 110g (1/2 cup) coarse sea salt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice
- 1.8kg boned turkey breast
- 50g unsalted butter, plus extra, to brush
- 4 eschalots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped marjoram
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 500g mixed pork and veal mince
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 50g rustic-style bread, crusts removed, diced, sprinkled with 2 tablespoons milk
- 600g seedless small red grapes
- 1 small Spanish onion, very finely chopped
- 75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- 80ml (1/3 cup) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
The instruction how to make Roast brined turkey breast with grape mostarda
- Combine 2 litres (8 cups) water and the salt in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until the salt dissolves. Transfer to a container, add lemon juice and cool. Submerge the turkey in the brine and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove the turkey breast from the brine and drain well.
- For stuffing, heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add eschalot, marjoram and thyme and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Combine with mince, parsley and bread, and season.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Cut a slit in turkey lengthwise and spoon stuffing into pocket. Tie the turkey with kitchen string at 3cm intervals for a compact shape. Place in a roasting pan and brush with a little melted butter. Season. Roast for 40 minutes, then reduce oven to 160u00b0C and roast for a further 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out hot. Rest the turkey for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for mostarda, combine all ingredients except mustard in a small pan and stir over low-medium heat for 15 minutes or until grapes are soft. Stir in mustard and season.
- Carve turkey into thin slices and serve with grape mostarda.
Nutritions of Roast brined turkey breast with grape mostardacalories: