This dish looks amazing but its a cinch! Let it roast while you sip on your wine.
The ingredient of Feta-stuffed lamb racks with spiced roast pumpkin
- 2 lamb racks (6 cutlets on each rack), French trimmed
- 75g Danish feta, crumbled
- 40g (1/4 cup) pistachio kernels, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, seeded, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 130g (1/2 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Feta-stuffed lamb racks with spiced roast pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cut along the length of each lamb rack, close to the bones, to create a pocket. Combine the feta, pistachio, mint, parsley, lemon rind and 1/4 teaspoon cumin in a bowl. Season. Divide between the pockets. Tie at 2cm intervals. Season.
- Place the pumpkin on a lined baking tray. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of oil. Drizzle over 2 teaspoons of honey. Sprinkle with chilli flakes and remaining cumin. Season. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb, turning, for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Drain the excess fat from the roasting pan.
- Transfer lamb to oven. Roast with the pumpkin for 25 minutes for medium or until lamb is cooked to your liking and pumpkin is tender. Transfer lamb to a plate. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- While the lamb is resting, combine the yoghurt, tahini and remaining honey in a small bowl. Season.
- Remove the string from the lamb. Cut each lamb rack in half. Divide the lamb, pumpkin and rocket among plates. Serve with yoghurt mixture.
Nutritions of Feta-stuffed lamb racks with spiced roast pumpkincalories: 572.883 calories
calories: 33 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23 grams sugar
calories: 38 grams protein
calories: 106 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 320.87 milligrams sodium