This traditional roast dinner is served with a healthy side salad for a complete, balanced meal.
The ingredient of Garlic lamb roast with balsamic, fig and bocconcini salad
- 2 (about 750g) mini lamb round roasts
- 3 garlic cloves, each cut into 6 slices
- 1 tablespoon horseradish cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 180g container bocconcini, drained, cut in half
- 6 figs, cut into quarters
- 80g mesclun salad leaves, washed, dried
- 60ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, extra
- Pinch of salt
The instruction how to make Garlic lamb roast with balsamic, fig and bocconcini salad
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place lamb in a roasting pan. Use a sharp knife to cut 9 evenly spaced slits, about 2cm deep and 1cm long, in the top of each lamb roast. Insert a slice of garlic in each slit. Brush lamb with horseradish cream and drizzle with the oil. Season with pepper.
- Roast lamb in preheated oven for about 30 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the bocconcini, figs and mesclun salad leaves in a large bowl. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and extra olive oil and gently toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lamb across the grain into thin slices. Serve immediately with the salad.
Nutritions of Garlic lamb roast with balsamic, fig and bocconcini saladcalories: 704.811 calories
calories: 52 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 52 grams protein
calories: 157 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 441.35 milligrams sodium