Serve this succulent slow roasted lamb with roasted veggies to accompany the lentils and in season plums!
The ingredient of Slow-roasted lamb with plum salad
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1.8kg Coles Australian Lamb Shoulder
- 1 brown onion, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 6 plums, stoned, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup (40g) Coles Australian Almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g marinated fetta, drained, crumbled
The instruction how to make Slow-roasted lamb with plum salad
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Combine the cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika and fennel in a bowl. Season. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the lamb.
- Place the onion in a roasting pan. Place the lamb over the onion. Pour the stock around the lamb in the pan. Cover the pan tightly with foil. Roast, basting occasionally with pan juices, for 6 hours or until lamb is very tender. Uncover and roast for a further 15 mins or until golden brown. Set aside for 15 mins to rest.
- Combine the lentils, plum, parsley, mint, coriander, almond, lemon zest, lemon juice and oil in a large bowl. Transfer to a large serving platter. Sprinkle with fetta. Top with the lamb and drizzle with any pan juices, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Slow-roasted lamb with plum saladcalories: 529.385 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 16 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 40 grams protein
calories: 375 milligrams sodium