“Two garlic bulbs might sound like a lot, but once they’re roasted and the cloves turn sweet, soft and spreadable, you’ll be glad you have so many!” - Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Spiced chicken with roasted garlic and potatoes
- 1 Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Whole Chicken (about 2.5kg)
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 whole garlic bulbs, halved crossways
- 700g medium kipfler potatoes, halved lengthways
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 1 lemon, quartered
The instruction how to make Spiced chicken with roasted garlic and potatoes
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan-forced). Using poultry shears or a knife, remove backbone from the chicken and discard. Cut through the breastbone to divide the chicken into 2 halves. In a large bowl, mix paprika, oregano, 2 tsp sea salt flakes and 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Coat chicken in the oil-spice mixture.
- Place garlic halves, cut-side down, in the base of a roasting pan. Place chicken halves, skin-side up, on top of garlic. Roast for 55 mins-1 hour or until chicken skin is crisp and chicken is cooked through (an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh will register 74u00b0C). Transfer chicken to a carving board to rest. Reserve roasted garlic and pour pan drippings into a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, on a large heavy rimmed baking tray, toss the potatoes with the remaining 1 tbs oil and season with salt and pepper. Turn potatoes cut-side down and roast for 20-25 mins or until cut sides of potatoes are golden. Flip potatoes over and roast for a further 20 mins or until potatoes are crisp outside and tender inside.
- Carve chicken and place on a platter with potatoes and rocket. Serve with reserved roasted garlic halves, lemon wedges and pan drippings.
Nutritions of Spiced chicken with roasted garlic and potatoescalories: 1010.253 calories
calories: 64 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 80 grams protein
calories: 1334 milligrams sodium