Go with the grain and serve couscous with your lamb - its quick, easy and delicious.
The ingredient of Vegetable couscous with spiced lamb
- 3 teaspoons McCormick Middle Eastern spices (Harissa)
- 2 (about 400g) lamb eye of loin (backstrap)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 290g (1 1/2 cups) couscous
- 1 tablespoon coarsely grated lemon rind
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 340g chargrilled capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1 x 280g btl artichoke hearts, drained, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 130g (1/2 cup) Greek-style natural yoghurt
The instruction how to make Vegetable couscous with spiced lamb
- Place spice mix on a plate. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thickly slice across the grain.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous and lemon rind in a medium heatproof bowl. Bring the stock to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour the stock and lemon juice over the couscous. Cover and set aside for 3-4 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains. Add the capsicum, artichoke and parsley and stir until well combined.
- Divide the couscous mixture among serving plates. Top with lamb and a dollop of yoghurt to serve.
Nutritions of Vegetable couscous with spiced lambcalories: 408.69 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 4.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 48 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30 grams protein