Indulge your love of winter cooking and take extra comfort in knowing that this mouth-watering dish is deliciously guilt-free.
The ingredient of Pea, zucchini & mint soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 (about 300g) potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 375g (2 1/2 cups) frozen peas
- 2 (about 300g) zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 125g (1/2 cup) low-fat ricotta
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 8 slices crusty sourdough baguette (French bread stick), toasted (see note)
The instruction how to make Pea, zucchini & mint soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the potato and water. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 8 minutes or until the potato is almost tender. Add the peas and zucchini, and simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir in two-thirds of the mint. Blend half the vegetable mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with the remaining vegetable mixture. Stir over medium heat until heated through. Season with pepper.
- Combine the ricotta, half the chives and remaining mint in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with remaining chives. Spread the ricotta mixture over the toast and serve with the soup.
Nutritions of Pea, zucchini & mint soupcalories: 268.636 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 34 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 16 grams protein
calories: 16 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 206.94 milligrams sodium