If winter has the slow cooker, spring has the food processor! So dust it off and whiz up this healthy Turmeric and Coconut Chicken Bowl.
The ingredient of Turmeric and coconut chicken bowl
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, halved
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, quartered
- 2 stalks lemongrass (white part only), roughly chopped
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, deveined, halved
- 2 long green chillies, sliced
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 6 (750g) chicken thigh fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved crossways
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved crossways
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, halved lengthways
- 100g red cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
The instruction how to make Turmeric and coconut chicken bowl
- Place turmeric, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, lime leaves and 1/2 the chilli in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add 1/2 the coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Process until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Add chicken to turmeric mixture. Toss well to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to allow flavours to develop. Refrigerate remaining coconut milk until required.
- Make Dressing: Place boiling water, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice in a heatproof jug. Stir until combined and sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool completely.
- Thread chicken onto 8 metal skewers. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium heat. Drizzle skewers with oil. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using the thin julienne setting on a vegetable spiraliser, cut carrot and cucumber into u2018noodlesu2019.
- Using the slicing blade attachment on a food processor, slice pineapple into 2mm-thick slices. Repeat with cabbage.
- Arrange carrot, cucumber, pineapple, cabbage, mint and coriander in serving bowls. Drizzle salad with dressing. Top with skewers. Sprinkle with remaining chilli and eschalot. Serve with remaining coconut milk and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Turmeric and coconut chicken bowlcalories: 439.043 calories
calories: 22.3 grams fat
calories: 9.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 18.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38.2 grams protein
calories: 148 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 715 milligrams sodium