The three-veg are roughly mashed and served with roast lamb in this family-pleasing midweek dinner.
The ingredient of Lamb roast with three-veg mash
- 1kg boneless mini lamb leg roast
- 1/3 cup mint jelly
- 300g carrots, peeled, chopped
- 500g potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 75g butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Lamb roast with three-veg mash
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Place lamb on a baking tray. Spread half the mint jelly over the lamb. Roast for 45 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven. Brush with the remaining mint jelly. Cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice.
- Meanwhile, cook carrot in a saucepan of boiling salted water over medium-high heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until carrot is very tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling salted water over medium-high heat for 12 minutes. Add peas. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until potato is tender and peas are cooked. Drain. Return to pan.
- Add 50g butter and 1/3 cup milk to potato mixture. Add remaining butter and milk to carrots. Using a potato masher, roughly mash vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Stir carrot mixture into potato mixture.
- Serve mash with lamb, beans and mint.
Nutritions of Lamb roast with three-veg mashcalories: 820.726 calories
calories: 39.5 grams fat
calories: 19.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 29.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 83.6 grams protein
calories: 239 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 400 milligrams sodium