The ingredient of Roast lamb racks with mediterranean vegetables
- 2 racks of lamb (6 cutlets each), fat trimmed from the bones
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 30g (1 1/2 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 2 (about 300g) zucchini
- 1 small (about 350g) celeriac
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 70g kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons drained bottled capers
The instruction how to make Roast lamb racks with mediterranean vegetables
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Cut each rack of lamb in half to form four 3-cutlet racks. Combine the cumin and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the lamb racks all over with spice mixture and place in a medium roasting pan. Dot with half the butter and roast in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, quarter the zucchini lengthways and then cut into 1.5cm pieces. Peel the celeriac and cut into 1.5cm pieces.
- Heat the remaining butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the celeriac and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 4 minutes. Add the zucchini and olives, and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 4 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat and stir in the capers. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture onto serving plates and top with the lamb racks. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Roast lamb racks with mediterranean vegetablescalories: 600.846 calories
calories: 47 grams fat
calories: 21 grams saturated fat
calories: 5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 36 grams protein
calories: 136 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 604.15 milligrams sodium