A stove-top simmered casserole that will satisfy the family,easy to prepare and will not bust the budget. Try this one when the weather begins to chill.
The ingredient of Autumn chicken casserole with vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.8kg Coles RSPCA Approved Herb Sprinkled Chicken Portions
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 2 brushed potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (250ml) white wine
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tub Continental Chicken Stock Pot
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Autumn chicken casserole with vegetables
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, in batches, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery and potato to the pan. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until liquid has almost evaporated. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine the stock, tomato paste and 2 cups (500ml) boiling water in a jug. Add the stock mixture and oregano to the pan and stir to combine. Return the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Divide casserole among serving plates. Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Autumn chicken casserole with vegetablescalories: