Celebrate Easter with mouthwatering lamb shanks for family and loved-ones.
The ingredient of Slow-roasted herb and garlic lamb shanks
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 8 (2.5kg) French trimmed lamb shanks
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 cup medium-sweet sherry (or white wine)
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
The instruction how to make Slow-roasted herb and garlic lamb shanks
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C/150u00b0C fan-forced. Arrange rosemary across base of a large roasting pan. Sprinkle with half the oregano. Turn. Sprinkle with remaining oregano. Arrange shanks, in a single layer, in pan. Add garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sherry (or wine) and stock into pan. Cover pan with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Turn shanks. Cover. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until tender.
- Skim fat from pan juices. Serve shanks drizzled with pan juices.
Nutritions of Slow-roasted herb and garlic lamb shankscalories: 424.703 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 54 grams protein
calories: 184 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 374.33 milligrams sodium