This combination of vegetables is the perfect accompaniment to roast pork.
The ingredient of Roast vegetables with apple
- 15 (about 2.5kg) medium Coliban potatoes (see note), peeled, halved
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 50g butter, melted
- 800g Kent pumpkin, deseeded, cut into small wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into 2cm-thick wedges
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed leaving 4cm of stem intact
- 4 red apples (such as Royal Gala), cut into thirds horizontally
- Couscous & Feta Stuffed Roast Pork with Pears (see related recipe), to serve
The instruction how to make Roast vegetables with apple
- Place potato in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly tender. Drain. Place, in a single layer, on a tray lined with paper towel. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush 2 large baking trays with a little of the oil. Combine the butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a bowl. Use a fork to scrape the curved side of the potato lengthways. Place the potato, in a single layer, cut-side down, on the prepared trays. Brush with the butter mixture. Roast, brushing with butter mixture once, for 50 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly. Cover with foil. (To reheat, see note.)
- Increase oven temperature to 200u00b0C. Place the pumpkin, onion and spring onions, in a single layer, on a large baking tray. Drizzle over remaining oil. Toss to coat. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the apple to the baking tray. Roast for a further 20-25 minutes or until the apple is tender and the vegetables are tender and golden. Serve with the pork.
Nutritions of Roast vegetables with applecalories: 305.92 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 3.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 44 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.5 grams protein