The ingredient of Roasted chat potatoes with spiced salt
- 1.25kg chat (small coliban) potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rock salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
The instruction how to make Roasted chat potatoes with spiced salt
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the salt, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and chilli flakes in the bowl of a mortar and pestle or a small blender. Pound or blend to a coarse powder. Add the nutmeg and pepper, and mix well to combine.
- Place the spice blend in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until aromatic. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Cut the potatoes in 1/2 and place on a large baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with 50g (1/4 cup) of the spice blend. Toss to coat in the spice blend. Roast in preheated oven, turning every 5 minutes, for 20 minutes or until crisp and tender.
Nutritions of Roasted chat potatoes with spiced saltcalories: 305.681 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 40 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 3453.89 milligrams sodium