Golden pine nuts add a nutty flavour to this easy, creamy broccoli soup.
The ingredient of Broccoli and pine nut soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 4 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
The instruction how to make Broccoli and pine nut soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add broccoli, stock and 2 cups water to pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Dry-fry pine nuts, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Add to soup.
- Using a food processor or blender, process soup, in batches, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return soup to pan. Stir over low heat for 8 minutes or until warmed through. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Nutritions of Broccoli and pine nut soupcalories: 166.822 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 675.99 milligrams sodium