Give a roast chook a Thai touch with tangy kaffir lime and coriander. Let the kids do it and see how proud they are!
The ingredient of Coriander and kaffir lime roast chicken with potatoes
- 24 kaffir lime leaves
- 160g butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 x 2kg whole fresh chickens
- 24 Baby Coliban (Chat) potatoes, halved (see note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
The instruction how to make Coriander and kaffir lime roast chicken with potatoes
- Preheat a closed barbecue or oven to 180u00b0C. Finely chop half the lime leaves. Transfer to a small bowl. Add butter and coriander. Mash until well combined.
- Run your fingers under the skin of each chicken to loosen and create a large pocket. Press butter mixture into the pockets and spread evenly. Divide remaining lime leaves among the cavities. Use unwaxed kitchen string to tie the legs together. Tuck wings under. Transfer to a large roasting pan.
- Arrange the potato around the chicken and drizzle over the oil. Season the chicken and potato with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour 30 minutes or until golden and the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a skewer. Transfer each chicken to a serving platter. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Serve with the potato, and asparagus and baby corn (see related recipe).
Nutritions of Coriander and kaffir lime roast chicken with potatoescalories: 958.39 calories
calories: 54 grams fat
calories: 22 grams saturated fat
calories: 45 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 71 grams protein
calories: 294 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 308.88 milligrams sodium