Served with a herby Argentinean sauce, this simple steak dish is packed with flavour.
The ingredient of Chimichurri steaks with potato salad and chargrilled vegetables
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 green shallot, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 long fresh red chillies, deseeded, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g lean beef rump steak, fat trimmed
- 500g chat potatoes
- 80g no-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 red capsicums, thickly sliced
- 4 zucchini, thickly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Chimichurri steaks with potato salad and chargrilled vegetables
- Process parsley, coriander, shallot, garlic, chilli, cumin, juice, oil and salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Reserve 2 tablespoons chimichurri in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place remaining chimichurri in a shallow dish. Add beef and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Halve potatoes. Place potatoes and yoghurt in bowl with reserved chimichurri and toss to combine.
- Lightly spray a chargrill or barbecue with oil and preheat over medium-high heat. Cook beef for 3u20134 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Cover beef with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Lightly spray capsicum and zucchini with oil. Cook, turning, for 5u20137 minutes or until charred and tender. Serve beef with vegetables and potato salad.
Nutritions of Chimichurri steaks with potato salad and chargrilled vegetablescalories: