It’s up to you – freeze the whole lasagne or slice it up and freeze individual portions that you can take out for an easy dinner or lunch.
The ingredient of Vegetable lasagne
- 500g eggplant, cut lengthways into 5mm-thick slices
- Olive oil spray
- 300g cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 125g (1/2 cup) light sour cream
- 1 x 700g btl passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets
- 250g chargrilled capsicum, sliced lengthways into 5cm-wide strips
- 500g low-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 80g (1/3 cup) sun-dried tomato pesto
- 100g (1 cup) coarsely grated light mozzarella
The instruction how to make Vegetable lasagne
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spray the eggplant with oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook one-third of the eggplant for 1-2 minutes each side or until tender and golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining eggplant.
- Spray the pan with oil. Cook the mushroom and garlic over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a 3L (12-cup) capacity baking dish with oil. Spread 125ml (1/2 cup) of the passata over the base. Top with 2 lasagne sheets, overlapping slightly. Top with half the mushroom mixture, half the eggplant, half the capsicum, half the ricotta and half the basil. Top with 2 more lasagne sheets and 160ml (2/3 cup) of the remaining passata. Continue layering with the remaining eggplant, capsicum, ricotta, basil and lasagne sheets.
- Spread pesto over the top and pour over the remaining passata. Sprinkle with the mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. (To freeze, see note.)
Nutritions of Vegetable lasagnecalories: 501.9 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 7.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 62 grams carbohydrates
calories: 27 grams protein