Heres another fabulous idea for weeknight dinners - turn a can of tuna into a cheesy risotto.
The ingredient of Tuna and zucchini risotto
- 4 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthways, sliced
- 50g baby spinach
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
The instruction how to make Tuna and zucchini risotto
- Bring stock and 1/2 cup cold water to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until needed.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated. Reduce heat to low. Add 1 ladle of stock to rice. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until liquid has absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock, 1 ladle at a time, adding zucchini with last ladle.
- Add spinach, parmesan, parsley, lemon rind and tuna. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Tuna and zucchini risottocalories: 674.697 calories
calories: 13.9 grams fat
calories: 5.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 95.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33.6 grams protein
calories: 59 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 842 milligrams sodium