Warm up with this hearty potato, leek and ham soup.
The ingredient of Potato, leek and ham soup
- 25g butter
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed, sliced
- 600g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 7 cups (1.75L) water
- 500g ham hock
- 3 flat-leaf parsley stalks
- salt and cracked black pepper
- chopped chives, to serve
The instruction how to make Potato, leek and ham soup
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook for 3 minutes or until soft (do not brown).
- Add potato, water, ham and parsley and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until ham is soft. Remove ham and transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Remove soup from heat and set aside.
- Shred the ham roughly. Remove parsley stalks from soup. Using a hand blender, process the soup until smooth. Return 3/4 ham to soup and return pan to the heat for 2 minutes or until soup is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup between serving bowls and top with remaining ham and chives. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Potato, leek and ham soupcalories: 152.721 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 51.24 milligrams sodium