This airy damper bread has a crumbly crust and a seriously addictive cheesy flavour.
The ingredient of Spinach & feta damper
- Plain flour, to dust
- 450g (3 cups) self-raising flour
- 100g butter, chilled, chopped
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 70g (1 cup) shredded parmesan
- 60g baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 160ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shredded parmesan, extra
The instruction how to make Spinach & feta damper
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Dust a baking tray with plain flour. Place the self-raising flour and butter in a bowl. Use your fingertips to rub butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the feta, parmesan and spinach.
- Add the milk and egg to the flour mixture. Stir until well combined. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Use your hands to bring the dough together. Knead for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Shape dough into a 20cm disc. Place on the prepared tray. Use a sharp knife dipped in flour to score the top into 8 wedges. Top with extra parmesan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
Nutritions of Spinach & feta dampercalories: 420.64 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 41 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams protein