Gluten free and vegetarian, this spinach and ricotta zucchini cannelloni caters to your familys tricky dietary needs.
The ingredient of Spinach and ricotta zucchini cannelloni
- 500g jar gluten-free red wine and garlic pasta sauce
- 80g broccoli leaf, spinach and beet leaves salad mix (see notes)
- 4 large zucchini, trimmed
- 450g fresh ricotta
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1/4 cup grated Devondale Mozzarella Cheese Block (500g)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Spinach and ricotta zucchini cannelloni
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Grease a 4cm-deep, 20cm x 23cm (base) metal baking dish. Spread pasta sauce evenly over base of dish.
- Place salad mix in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute 30 seconds or until wilted. Cool for 5 minutes. Roughly chop. Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, cut 1 side of zucchini from top to bottom into long ribbons until you reach the core. Turn zucchini over. Continue cutting zucchini into ribbons until about 1cm of core is left. Discard core. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Place ricotta, egg yolk, garlic, lemon rind, basil and chopped leaves in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Using the wide zucchini ribbons, layer 4 ribbons on a work surface slightly overlapping (see notes). Place 2 level tablespoons of ricotta mixture along short end closest to you. Roll up to enclose filling. Place, seam-side down, over sauce in dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini ribbons and ricotta mixture to make 12 cannelloni.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan (or vegetarian hard cheese). Spray with oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with extra basil leaves and serve with salad leaves.
Nutritions of Spinach and ricotta zucchini cannellonicalories: 313.09 calories
calories: 16.6 grams fat
calories: 10.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 18.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17.9 grams protein
calories: 73 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 788 milligrams sodium