This tasty ham, egg and roast vegie pasta is a great way to use those leftovers from Christmas day.
The ingredient of Ham, egg & roast vegie pasta
- 300g Coles brand penne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups leftover roast vegetables, cut into 2cm pieces (see tip)
- 2 cups chopped leftover ham
- 4 coles brand free range eggs
- 200g perino tomatoes
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 30g freshly shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Ham, egg & roast vegie pasta
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add vegetables and ham. Stir-fry for about 3 mins or until heated through.
- Add pasta to the frying pan. Toss to combine.
- Add enough water to a large saucepan or deep frying pan to reach a depth of 5cm and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Carefully crack 1 egg into a cup. Slide into water. Quickly repeat with remaining eggs. Poach gently for 3 mins for runny yolks or until cooked to your liking.
- Toss tomatoes, spinach and extra virgin olive oil through the pasta mixture. Divide among bowls. Lift eggs from the water with a slotted spoon, 1 at a time, and let drain. Place on top. Season with pepper and top with parmesan.
Nutritions of Ham, egg & roast vegie pastacalories: