Make the most important meal of the day the tastiest with this cheesy pide bread melt filled with spinach, dukkah and portobello mushrooms.
The ingredient of Mushroom and spinach breakfast melt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 375g Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pistachio dukkah
- 120g baby spinach
- 400g loaf Turkish pide bread
- 70g fetta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated mozzarella
The instruction how to make Mushroom and spinach breakfast melt
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook mushroom, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and tender. Add dukkah. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add spinach. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper (see notes).
- Trim ends from bread and discard. Cut loaf into 4 even portions. Split each portion in half. Place bases on a chopping board. Top with mushroom mixture, then fetta and mozzarella. Sandwich with bread tops.
- Preheat a sandwich press (see notes). Cook, in 2 batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cut into fingers. Serve.
Nutritions of Mushroom and spinach breakfast meltcalories: 416.577 calories
calories: 15.5 grams fat
calories: 5.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 47.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16.9 grams protein
calories: 19 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 845 milligrams sodium