Theyre famous for being footy-game fare, but with a little know-how you can turn this corner-shop classic into a family favourite.
The ingredient of Pumpkin, feta and walnut pasties
- 600 butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (30g) toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 sheets (25cm) ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Pumpkin, feta and walnut pasties
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Cook the pumpkin in a steamer basket over a saucepan of simmering water for 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the spinach and cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes or until spinach just wilts. Remove from heat.
- Combine the pumpkin, onion mixture, feta and walnuts in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Cut four 12cm-diameter discs from each pastry sheet. Divide the pumpkin mixture evenly between each disc. Brush the edge of the pastry with egg, fold pastry over to enclose filling and press edges together to seal. Place on the lined tray. Brush lightly with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden. Serve immediately with mixed salad leaves, if desired.
Nutritions of Pumpkin, feta and walnut pastiescalories: