Spanakopita is a classic Greek pie with crisp filo pastry, and a feta and spinach filling.
The ingredient of Little spanakopita with rice
- 1/2 cup (100g) Basmati rice
- 2 x 150g bags baby spinach leaves
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 50g parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 cup firmly packed coarsely chopped dill
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 organic free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g sesame seeds, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 12 sheets fresh filo pastry, halved widthways
- 50g butter, melted, or 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds, black sesame seeds or poppy seeds, optional
- lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Little spanakopita with rice
- Rinse rice under cold running water until water runs clear. Place in a saucepan with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to boil over medium heat, cover, then reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside, covered.
- Meanwhile, place spinach in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water, then drain immediately. Refresh in cold water, drain and squeeze to remove water. Coarsely chop spinach and combine with rice, cheeses, dill, onions, eggs and sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a filo half with melted butter and place in a buttered 11cm springform tin. Repeat layering, brushing alternate layers with butter, to make 6 layers. Place 1/4 of rice mixture in tin, then fold in fi lo to enclose filling, scrunching on top. Brush with butter, then scatter with extra sesame seeds and nigella seeds, if using. Repeat with remaining ingredients in 3 more tins.
- Place tins on an oven tray. Bake on lowest shelf of oven for 30 minutes or until cooked, covering with baking paper for last 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Little spanakopita with ricecalories: